Monday, November 14, 2011

Which "scotch guard" is better for furniture?

I have found that the best scotch guard protection for furniture is the type made by the 3M company. I've used just about every brand out there and have yet to be disappointed using the 3M. You will need two coats and if you have children, apply in a well ventilated room though it will dry to be odorless. I use it every year on my patio furniture cushions which are subjected to the automatic sprinklers almost daily in the summer. The water puddles right up and you can almost shake off the liquid and sit on the furniture immediately without getting wet. In addition, we get a daily wind through our canyon that carries with it a fine grit dirt that rests on the cushions. Before using the scotchguard, it would deposit on the fabric and leave grunge. Now, I can brush it right off. Needless to say, as I entertain a lot, I have had guests who have spilled everything from condiments like ketchup and mustard, to wine to liquified er on my cushions and all of it comes right up because it does not sink into the fiber of the fabric. Great stuff. I find mine in the discounters, mainly Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment